Ads

St Tropez, Chicken Legs, Sandwich Cam, End of The World Clouds,

St. Tropez



Today we are going to St. Tropez by boat. We had to get up early today to catch a 9:00am boat from the Nice harbor to St. Tropez and it was a beautiful sunny day. The boat trip was about 2 hours with a stop in Cannes about half way though the voyage. 



Here is the boat we took, it held 172 passengers and our trip was almost full. There were a bunch of people on the boat who were attending a conference on data analytics and they were going to Cannes for some sightseeing. I spoke to several of the professors-all were from Europe. The weird/crazy/strange thing was about half of the group (~30 people) were wearing their conference badges for a sightseeing trip... I guess they wanted to show everyone on the boat how smart they were :-)   


Here are a few shots of Nice from the water:


There were amazing clouds along the way...  


After about an hour, we arrived in Cannes. Note all the yachts in the background.


Sailing Classes: 




This is the building where the Cannes Film Festival is held...



Houston We Have A Problem

At about this point in the trip, Sandy dropped her sunglasses and they broke :-(
Luckily I had some medical tape in my first aid kit and we were able to make the necessary repairs. Because we know Sandy is a fashionista, we had to make lemonade from the lemons and totally fix the problem with the sunglasses. So she grabbed a pen and put the Chanel logo on the tape. (She really wanted Ray Band, but there wasn't enough room :-)


After a 5 minute stop in Cannes, we continued on our way to St. Tropez. Here are a few more shots:




During the boat ride, Sandy was giving me crap about my nicely tanned legs...NOT! My legs are about as white as chicken skin :-) Maybe I can get them to turn red while on vacation because they never tan. Here is a comparison of my legs & Sandy's


Like I said... chicken skin.

We passed a few yachts along the way... man I got to get me one of these :-) 



We arrived in St. Tropez around 11:30 and our scheduled departure was at 4:30. So we had about 5 hours to explore. Here are a few shots from the village center:
 
Only 100 euros each...





Some Weirdness

There was a fancy-smancy restaurant in St. Tropez. It was kind of like a grey poupon place. For you younger fellas... here is a historical reference :-)  

NOTE: this commercial is also referenced in Wayne's World (one of my favorite movies) 
OK back to reality...

The cheapest entree was 50 euros!!! I'm sorry, but if I paying that kind of money, I don't want to be staring at this picture ...


Maybe they have a day job???   :-)


Here are a few pics as we walked around the harbor...






Here are a few shots from the town...





This was a pretty cool area just past the "downtown" area.






I took this shot to prove that sand really does exist in France :-) 






I got really excited when I saw this store... a real pirate store!!!! I was looking for a nice stylish eye patch :-)


But all they sold was candy :-(  Arrrgh! 



Sandwich Cam Returns!!

Those of you who have followed my previous blogs know I like to take pictures of where I have lunch... usually picturesque locations.  And then ask the question "where did you have lunch?"

So without further ado... here is my first installment of the famed sandwich cam...


After a lovely lunch by the sea, we did a little more exploring. Here is what we saw...




Flowers on steroids...

Notice how clear the water is...




The girl on the right is a Red Bull Girl (that's what is on her back)
 




Here is a bicycle/garbage truck... very strange/interesting :-)









The Boat Ride Home

We left on time and it was a beautiful sunny day. Susie & Sandy really enjoyed the ride :-)  Both fell asleep 20 minutes into the trip home... what a bunch of party girls :-) 




The harbor of St Tropez...


There were lots of sailboats out enjoying the day until...

End of The World Clouds

As we approached Cannes, the skies started to change and not for the good. Here are some of the shots... It was really pretty amazing. The skies were changing by the minute.
In this shot a sliver of sun was highlighting some of these boats...


And then another sliver of sun litup this town...


Heading in before the storm...






After about 15 minutes, the sky started to open up in some areas and a beautiful yellow/orange colors started to appear...





This one is pretty scary looking...


I think this one is pretty cool...


It started to rain about 30 minutes before we arrived in Nice, but we were able to get a seat inside of the ship and stay dry.

This was a fun day & I took 422 pictures today!!!!

Hope you enjoyed our boat ride....

Cheers,

-jj

Hey there, feel free

to share this post

Comments

3 comments :

  1. Great photos, wish we were there. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow chicken legs don't exactly match the "St Tropez tan" reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Google Bain de Soliel 1983 ad on YouTube for my reference. )

    ReplyDelete