Ads

Rain Still Sucks!, St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Sandwich Cam Breaks New Ground & Limoncello Time

Sandy Leaves :-(

Sandy left for home this morning :-( I am worried that Susie might have some problems shopping without Sandy... but I'm sure she will cope :-) 

Soooooo it was grey & periods of rain again today :-(  We have stayed in Nice several times & this is the first time we have had 2 rainy days back to back. Usually if it rains in Nice it is a quick downpour and the clouds breakup in a hour or so. Not today.  The good news is that tomorrow will be sunny and in the mid 70's YEAH!

So after we got Sandy to the airport, we did some really exciting things like cleaning, washing some clothes and catching up of this blog :-)

Susie also cooked up her world famous green eggs and ham... Here she is in the kitchen.


And here she is at the drive-through window on our balcony... how civilized :-) 


At around 1pm, Susie made a couple of sandwiches and we decided to try and take a walk around St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat... a 30 minute bus ride east of Nice on the coast. 

Here are a few pics along the way taken from the bus. NOTE: the bus had heavily tinted windows so the pics aren't the greatest... sorry

The port of Nice: 


Here is  Villefranche sur mer... the new town area:


And here is  Villefranche sur mer... the old town area:


After about 30 minutes we arrived in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

When we arrived it was NOT raining YEAH!!!

Of course (and I'm not kidding) guess what happened about 15 minutes later. Yes, the rain started.


The good new is I did capture a few pics (BUT the lighting was pretty bad and the picture quality suffered) 

So let's check out St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.







A cool bench...




Here is a lovely bay.



Sandwich Cam Breaks New Ground

After +5 successful years of going solo with my sandwich cam, I have taken the big step of hiring a model :-) (Actually it was raining and it would have been too cumbersome to go solo) So here is Susie's debut appearance in the sandwich cam :-) 



Limoncello Time 

Those of you who have followed my previous blogs know that I invented the perfect summer drink in Rome 2010.... Limoncello and Diet Coke. 

Now before you pooh pooh the idea, think about this. Do you like a slice of lemon in your Coke (or Diet Coke)??? Well then why not Limoncello.

I have improved the concoction and now recommend 1/3 Limoncello and 2/3  PepsiMax.

Here it is... we have polished off 2 bottles already :-)



Try it and let me know what you think in the comment section.

Well it is off to bed.

Cheers,

-jj 

Hey there, feel free

to share this post

Comments

2 comments :

  1. I like your limoncello concotion. Alone it is too strong so the mix would be great. I tried several flavored cellos- meloncello (made with cantaloupes) was my favorite. Stop by when you are back for a sample. Spike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your limoncello concotion. Alone it is too strong so the mix would be great. I tried several flavored cellos- meloncello (made with cantaloupes) was my favorite. Stop by when you are back for a sample. Spike

    ReplyDelete